Progress, well sort of..?

Monday - 7/22/2019

Final week.
Today is the start of week 12, my last week of FMLA leave. I have 2 remaining doctor appointments this week, one with the doctor that is reviewing my DVT's and my final appointment with my PCP this Friday 7/26. I expect my PCP to provide the required release document from Cigna so that I can return to work on Monday 7/29.

As I review the last 11 weeks I have to admit that I was hoping for a much larger amount of weight loss. The numbers looked promising weeks 1 through 6, but starting with week 7 I fell flat on my ass. I could blame the DVT issues in my right calf that prevented me from working out the last 2 weeks at the boot camp or the weeks at home after I left. I could put some blame on the weight gain due to the stress from new health issues (DVT's) and the passing of my mom.... however I can only blame myself, I simply slipped back into comfort eating during times of stress. 

There was some progress over the past 11 weeks:

  • May 5th I started at 375 lbs.
  • After 6 weeks, on June 23rd I was down to 319 lbs.
  • At the end of week 7, on June 30th, I had gained back 5 pounds, up to 324 lbs.
  • Weeks 8 through 11 was roller-coaster time, I went back and fourth between a gain of 16 pounds, back up to 340 lbs and then a re-loss of 6 lbs.
  • Starting week 12 I am at 334 lbs, that's currently 15 lbs. over from my lowest weight in over 3 years. 
Although the overall weight loss was not as significant as desired, there is no question that I did loose enough body fat / weight to bring my high blood pressure readings down to a more "near normal" and acceptable range. On this factor alone I am confident my doctor will give me a clean bill of health and allow me to return to work.


Blood pressure reading as of 7:00am CST this Monday morning was again slightly elevated at 139 / 84 but these numbers are still WAY below the stage two hypertension high blood pressure numbers I was getting when all this FMLA crap started.

I do know my PCP will remind me during Friday appointment that he wants to see me under 300 lbs., preferable somewhere west of 290 lbs. by the end of the year or much sooner. I am thinking that if I remain in the 300 lbs. or more range by the end of this year, the topic of  Bariatric Surgery will once again be on the table, that would suck big time considering the cost I have burdened myself with attending the weight loss  boot camp. 

I have decided this will be my last Blog post for a while at least on my weight loss progress, I need to focus on other things besides my weight, although loosing the rest of the weight to avoid any surgery, Bariatric and/or hip replacement in 2020 will still be my TOP priority. For those who have followed and contacted me privately, I thank you for your support.



Comments