Check's are in the mail...


As of Friday, 3/6/2020 my third and FINAL appeal to my employer provided health insurance company to pay for bariatric surgery was filed. The only reason why I am filing again is because of a change in the payment policy clause that went into affect January 1st, 2020.

The bariatric surgeons office suggested I submit for procedure approval again just to make 100% sure if the change in surgical procedure approval policy does in fact overrule a previous denial.

I am not very optimistic of the outcome so to avoid even the slightest delay in scheduling my Gastric Sleeve procedure in late April 2020 I also provided the surgeons office with the EIGHT checks. I had to write multiple checks for required disbursement to separate facilities / services for the self-pay option. The checks were for the following:

  • Hospital stay (2 nights)
  • Hospital administrative fee
  • Surgical Procedure Fee
  • Anesthesiologist Fee
  • Complication Insurance
  • Pre / Post Surgical tests 
  • Physiologists Fee 
  • Post Op Medications


So one way or another this is going to happen...

Comments